What is the difference between like and love? There is some controversy on the origin of the quote but I love the explanation all the same.
“When you like a flower, you just pluck it. But when you love a flower, you water it daily.”
Buddha or not, it is an appropriate meditation for our endeavor here at #EveryDayActiveChallenge. Do you like yourself or love yourself? Are you committed to yourself only when it is convenient or every day in every way?
Anyone who has dieted knows the motion of the yo-yo. That is why I am not committing to lose weight or to diet. Our challenge is to be active for one hour each day. It is not to eat X number of calories or buy a gym membership and workout.
What are some out-of-the-norm ideas for being active for one hour?
To help you out, here are some ideas that you may not have considered:
- Housecleaning, car washing, gardening (groan…chores…)
- Walk or play with your pet (In my case Pets)
- Bowling with Friends (Make your activity social!)
- Go fishing (Oh, how Husband Friend will remind me of this one often!)
- Snorkeling (Next Week in Maui for sure!)
- Dance around your house (No one is watching!)
- Play with your children. (I was ridiculously soar from throwing my nephews around the swimming pool last weekend.)
Whatever you do, enjoy it! Love what you do! Who ever created a habit with something they didn’t love? Now if crocheting counted I would be set!
I don’t like you…I love you so I will see you again tomorrow, my Flowers.