I am seeking a position in communications as a writer, utilizing my experience as a curriculum writer, technical writer, instructional designer and public relations and marketing writer.
University of North Texas Journalism Department
- Master of Arts in Journalism (August 2000) o Thesis “Women in Public Relations: Our Past, Present, and Future.”Worked as a Teaching Fellow for the Journalism Department teaching the Computers for Journalism and News Reporting Lab courses. Served as the Public Affairs Intern with the UNT Department of Public Affairs.
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism/Public Relations with a minor in Spanish (May 1997). Worked as a resident assistant for the Housing Department and as a student assistant for the International Studies Department. Served as the Communications Intern with the International Studies Department.
Corporate Training and Instructional Design: Deliver job-relevant training programs including stand up facilitation to digital fulfillment and support teams, vendors and offshore teams. Develop curriculum and procedures through technical writing for new marketing initiatives, including online yellow pages, search engine optimization, e-commerce and domain management. Use and train CRM tools such as Salesforce and PeopleSoft. Implement data and resource organization via Sharepoint 2013 and company’s Learning Management System (SumTotal). Create self-paced learning modules, simulations and demonstrations using Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline. Supervise instructional designer overseas on special certification project.
- DexYP, DFW Airport, TX (July 2015-present)
Construction, Marketing and Office Management: Created and coordinated public relations and marketing materials such as email newsletter, website, social media and print creations. Coordinated miscellaneous office systems. Provided marketing and social media support for National Association of Remodeling Industry training continuing education classes.
- Key Residential, Dallas, TX (March 2010-August 2012)
- RH Construction, Dallas, TX (November 2011-March 2012)
Financial, Public Relations and Marketing: Wrote news releases and arranged media placement through media canvassing and contact. Managed web content for company’s Web site. Created print advertising and managed placement in national media. Managed internal and external relations via event coordination. Provided customer care to clients.
- Director of Advertising and Marketing, Mutuals.com, Dallas, TX (June 2000-October 2000)
- Communications Coordinator, Southwest Securities, Dallas, TX (August 1997-November 1998)
Higher Education, Public Affairs and Marketing: Wrote news releases and arranged media placement through media canvassing and contact. Managed web content for Public Affairs’ sub-domain of school’s Web site. Assisted with capital campaign through event coordination, fundraising and alumni relationship management.
- Assistant Director of Public Affairs, Steven’s Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ (October 1999-June2000)
- Public Affairs Intern, University of North Texas, Denton, TX (January 1999-October 1999)
Technology-based Customer Care: Managed customer service for URL transfer, e-mail set-up and Web site utilization. Created and edited consumers’ Web content as requested. Supported sales team members with customer retention. Assisted training team with print and electronic media for training peers and conducted testing and tweaking of Web content software development. Executed problem-solving skills for internal and external constituents. Managed project and client information databases with Excel and Access.
- Team Lead, Verizon Superpages.com, Dallas, TX (December 2000-November 2003)
Desktop Publishing: Created and edited financial reports for various clients using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Adobe publishing and graphic programs.
- Desktop Publisher, Bowne Business Services, Dallas, TX (November 1998-March 1999)
Higher Education, Adjunct Professor: Taught courses at the University of North Texas, including lesson preparation, lecture, online collaboration and public relations management of semester projects
- Principles of Public Relations (Spring 2009)
- Computers for Journalists (Spring 1999)
- News Reporting Lab (Fall 1998)
Public School Teaching: Taught Reading and English Language Arts, including Special Education and English as a Second Language. Built excellent interpersonal relationships with students, parents and other teachers. Processed and analyzed data and adapted curriculum to provide students optimal opportunities for success.
- Basic Reading and English Teacher, Plano ISD, Plano, TX (2014-2015)
- 6th Grade ELA and ESL Teacher, Plano ISD, Plano, TX (2013-2014)
- High School ESL Teacher, Plano ISD, Plano, TX (2012-2013)
- Behavior Intervention Classroom, Lewisville ISD, The Colony, TX (2009)
- Special Education Strategist, Plano ISD, Plano, TX (2008-2009)
- 7th Grade ELA, Lewisville ISD, Flower Mound, TX (2006-2008)
- 7th Grade ELA, Queen City ISD, Queen City, TX (2004-2006)
Software and Skills:
- Microsoft Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Articulate Storyline
- Website Design (WordPress and HTML)
- Desktop Publishing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Student and Adult Learning Principles