I cannot tell you how often I have seen the post about People Who Curse on Facebook. I have never actually followed the link and read the article. However, it stuck with me enough that I googled “Cursing” and “Research” before starting this post. Wowzers! The blog articles are numerous as are the actual legitimate research reports.
Why, Jaimee! Are you planning to entertain us with your vivid and vast “cussin'” repertoire? Are you preparing us for a vivid view into your verbal naughtiness?
No way! My mama still lives and breathes and has no time limit on her reach with a switch and a bar of soap. (Not, really! However, I do respect her enough not to test her or embarrass her or my father.)
No, my last three book choices all have curse words in the titles. I was drawn to all three of them because only their titles spoke to me.
- Mark Manson’s The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F!@#!
- Sarah Knight’s The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F!@#!
- Sarah Knight’s Get Your Sh!t Together
I would say a drinking game is in the works for every curse word that is written in these works of literature, but that would be irresponsible and deadly. Mrs. Knight has a whole chapter where every sentence is the full on “Fudge Cookies” of my own vocabulary. Like she wrote in her latest work, if you are expecting kittens and cuddles, you are in the wrong place.
Nevertheless, what I like about all three of these books is that they all have some basic principles: figure out your core values and let the rest go. Simple. To the point. Ensconced in vulgarity. I love, love, love it!
I need to work on my Fudge Cookie Budget…what I really care about and what can take a hike. If you only had so many Cookies to give, where would they go? So each day, I say I will get riled by no more than one challenge to my sensibilities. Therefore, I spend my ONE Cookie only on what really matters to me. I find myself asking, “Is that worth spending your Cookie?” It’s really quite interesting that some days, I don’t give my Cookie to anything or anyone. <gasp!>
- I once read that the one thing all millionaires have in common is that they read at least one non-fiction book each month.
- I am a self-help book junkie even if I don’t always agree or act upon said advice. I like biographies too.
- I care passionately about my work and whatever else to which I put my energy.
- My Emergenetics and other personality profiles all say the same thing: I care and it matters.
- I get overwhelmed by negativity.
- It angers me to no end for people to say, “Don’t take it personally.” If I put my all into doing a bang-up job, then I take it personally. Cookie taker right there! Every stinkin’ time.
What Cookie will you keep for yourself and not give away?
Interesting Reads about swearing :